YouTube stars rake in millions of dollars each year and will make you question all of your life choices. My 5 Tips on how to start a YouTube channel reveal what you need to get into the game.
How to start a YouTube channel successfully:
1) Setup a free YouTube account. Go to youtube.com and click “create account”.
2) Pick a catchy name for your channel that people will remember.
3) Create your first video. Pick a subject to focus on. Subjects you know well or have strong feeling about tend to do the best.
4) Make a schedule of how often you will post videos to your channel and stick with it.
5) Choose good descriptions and tags for your videos to get people to find you, watch your video, and subscribe to you.
5 biggest YouTube mistakes:
1) Copying other people
2) Bad or misleading video descriptions
3) Forgetting to respond to subscribers
4) Having thin skin and getting ruffled by commenters
5) Boring videos that are not relevant
Check out the YouTube Creator Academy and per their channel, “learn tips from savvy creators as they showcase their secrets and best practices – pre-production, production, building your channel, getting discovered, growing your audience, analytics, case studies, deep dives into different genres”.