Back to school prep has changed for 2015.
Old way: New backpack and full of like-new text books.
New way: Smart gear that gives a student the edge.
Back to school spending on gadgets according to the National Retail Federation says this year families will spend avg of $197.24.
2014: 58.3% of parents said they would buy electronics for their school-age children, and planned to spend an average of $212.35 – one of the highest amounts seen in the survey’s history.
- Lets your kid from age 3 to 9 years play fun and educational games; compatible with leapfrog explorer cartridges and apps
- 7″ touch screen, wi-fi, front- and rear-facing cameras; mp3 player; includes 11 apps
- Save money for college kids with a $60 refridgerator to keep your snacks and drinks chilled. This Insignia compact fridge has 1.7 cu. Ft. Of space and easy-to-adjust electromechanical controls. And they got smart with a reversible door that offers a versatile design to fit your space.
Microsoft Surface 3 – $500
- With the integrated kickstand, the ability to run desktop software and touch apps, and a full-size usb port, surface 3 is a perfect mix of innovation and practicality. As thin and light as it is, you’ll be amazed at all you can achieve with this device. This is the first Surface tablet that I feel gives the iPad a run for its money.
- Tune out and in most cases silence nearby distracting noises while studying. I own this same set despite being on the fence about Bose. While boarding a weekly flight across to the country to the loudest screamer who was only a few weeks old happened to be seated near me. I ran out the door of the plane back to a kiosk I had seen in the terminal. $300 later, I could no longer hear the screaming infant but only my thoughts. These have crisp, powerful sound – and quiet. Around-the-ear headphones, which monitor the noise around you cancel it out, helping you focus on what matters.
- Can easily print, copy and scan docs at the office or in the comfort of your home with this e-all-in-one printer. Just connect to your network using built-in wi-fi, and use the 2.7″ color touch screen to select the functions you want. You can print with AirPrint from an iPhone or iPad with ease.
- Tip: Always budget how much future replacement ink will cost. Great for students, this lightweight chromebook is optimized for web-based apps and cloud storage on the go. The antiglare screen, quick wi-fi capability, and quiet fanless design allow for unobtrusive productivity at coffee shops, parks and more.
- Great for students, this lightweight Chromebook is optimized for Web-based apps and cloud storage on the go. The antiglare screen, quick Wi-Fi capability, and quiet fanless design allow for unobtrusive productivity at coffee shops, parks and more.