Fun ringing the doorbell on home automation w/ Mark Steines and Cristina Ferrare on “Home & Family”.
My pal Kevin “Hercules” Sorbo even stopped by!
Product: Nest Learning Thermostat, $249.
Available at Lowe’s, Best Buy, Amazon, Apple.com and Nest.com, as well as through 10,000+ certified installers
Heating and cooling accounts for about 50% of your home’s energy use. A properly programmed thermostat can save you 20%, but – because they’re so complicated – just 11% of all programmable thermostats are programmed.
Nest is the world’s first learning thermostat.
1. No more programming hassles. Use it like a manual thermostat for about a week (turn it up when you wake up, down when you leave the house, up when you come home, down when you go to sleep) and Nest will take it from there, creating a personalized schedule and refining the schedule over time.
2. Automatically turns itself down when you’re out of the house – Built-in activity sensors sense when you’re out of the house and power down your heating and cooling system to save energy.
3. Remote control – control the temp from your smartphone (iPhone, Android), tablet or computer.
4. Energy savings history – see why your energy use is up or down day over day (your temperature changes, weather, auto-away)
5. Beautiful design
6. Simple installation – Bundle installation service with purchase at nest.com or install Nest yourself if you’re handy around the house. Just about everything you need comes in the box. If you’ve installed a lighting fixture, you’ll find that installing Nest is a similar process.
- Wifi enabled video doorbell
- If you’ve got a smartphone, this is your doorbell.
- Answer your door from anywhere in the world.
- Every member of the family can answer door.
- Camera adjustable.
- If DoorBot ever stolen, the company replaces it free of charge.
- Battery or hardwire. Batt last about year.
Lockitron $179 alone, $339 with DoorBot
- Lock or unlock your door from anywhere in the world.
- Fits over existing deadbolt lock.