If you’re an android user and have recently seen unknown charges on your phone bill, you could be the victim of a new payment fraud malware.
Recently, there have been reports from a security expert at Evina of a new malware called “Autolycos” found in at least 8 popular Android apps in the Google Play Store. In total, these apps have been downloaded over 3 million times.
The malware has access to your SMS text messages which can grant permission to subscribe to pay services.
If you’ve downloaded these apps, be sure to uninstall them immediately
- Razer Keyboard and theme
- Fun Camera (Kellytech)
- Creative 3D Launcher
- Gif Emoji Keyboard
- Wow Beauty Camera
- FreeGlow Camera 1.0.0
- Coco Camera v.1.1
How to protect your device from this new malware
The best way to protect yourself is to install antivirus software on your devices. Our top choice for Antivirus software is TotalAV. It’s very easy to install and you’ll have peace of mind knowing you’ll have real-time protection, phishing scam protection, ransomware protection plus more. Protects Android, Windows, Mac, & iOS Devices. Limited time deal for CyberGuy readers: $19 your first year (80% off). You can check out our review of other anti-virus apps, here: Best Antivirus Security Software and Apps to Protect You 2022.
- Learn how to install TotalAV on all your devices – Follow these steps
- Does my iPhone need antivirus protection?
- How to run a virus scan on your computer
- Free Antivirus Software: Should you use it?
- Windows Defender vs Antivirus software: free protection falls short
- Kaspersky Antivirus Software On U.S. National Security Threat List – Remove and Replace this software now