Just like you need your furnace and heating oil (Click here to know more) ready for the harsh cold winters, you have got to be summer ready with the best in technology as well! With record temperatures hitting the world, I thought I’d show you some cool tech, gadgets, and gear the CyberGuy team is putting to the test. It starts with a way to save money on your power bill by giving your old window and portable AC unit a makeover. Speaking of AC units, if you’re looking for installation or maintenance services to help you with your unit, you may want to check out the likes of professionals at CJS Heating and Air for assistance in getting you ready for the sweltering summer months.
The Tado Smart AC Control $199
- Connects via downloaded app to connect your smartphone to your portable AC unit
- Saves energy and reduces electric bill by turning off automatically when you leave and allow you to schedule and control remotely from anywhere.
- More here
Sensibo – Your Smart Air Conditioner Has Arrived – Starter Kit Is $239
- Cools Your Home Before You Arrive
- Saves Energy/Reduces Electricity Bill
- Turns Off Automatically When You Leave
- Lets You Control The A/C From Anywhere
- More here
Coolest Cooler – Blender, USB, Outdoor Bluetooth Speaker All In One $485
Chill-Its Microfiber Cooling Towels – Appx $9.99
Sometimes its something simple that goes a long way to cooling down a hot day. Chill-Its microfiber technology activates when you dampen it under the faucet. The fiber creates a natural evaporation process that produces a cool towel to put on your neck, forehead or anywhere you want to chill.
I honestly got this one in for testing thinking it was far too good to be true. I was wrong. Within a few minutes of putting in 4 AA batteries and turning the Ambi on, the metal surface was icy cold. The idea is that you can chill your neck or any part of your body to lower your temperature and introduce some cool relief from the heat. It works incredibly well and comes with a handy neoprene pouch making it easy to take it to go. Ambi is great for injuries, bug bites, sunburn relief all in the palm of your hand.
If you’ve got an idea, a smart app or product in development, let us know about it by commenting below.
Related Summer Stories:
- 6 Top Beach-Ready Gadgets
- 4 Tips for Upgrading Your Summer Travel
- 4 Ways to Keep Your Child Safe This Summer