Running a small business is hard enough. Why would you add work to your plate by taking on tasks that a professional can do for an affordable rate?
Or maybe you’re looking to utilize your skills to make extra money on the side or build up your resume to start your own small business.
Either way – Fiverr is a fantastic outlet for both buyers and sellers.
What is Fiverr?
Fiverr is an online marketplace for freelancers with the goal to connect businesses with talent. Services are provided through what are called “gigs.” Sellers offer “gigs” that buyers can search for or browse through before hiring.
Some of the categories for services are:
- Graphics and Design
- Digital Marketing
- Writing and Translation
- Video and Animation
- Music and Audio
- Programming and Tech
With Fiverr, you’re able to use your skills without having to make it your full-time job. For example, if you’re a photographer, you’ll be able to make money through gigs on the side without having to commit to making photography your main focus. You can work with people around the world during your own hours, and it’s a great opportunity for beginners to break into their chosen field by gaining hands-on experience.
How to become a seller on Fiverr:
- Create a seller profile
- Create a gig
- Add personal touches like a Video Introduction and offer Packages to help market your gigs to potential clients
- Make extra money by adding Gig Extras which are offers like faster delivery or an additional item included with purchase
Tips to make the most money
- Be sure to fill out all of the information required and explain what your gig is so you’ll stand out to buyers. There’s stiff competition on Fiverr so making sure your profile and descriptions are personable and detailed is important.
- Add high-quality photos or examples of your work. Use this opportunity to promote what you’re selling so any business owners will know why they should pick you over anyone else with similar gigs.
- Make your gig SEO-friendly. Search Engine Optimization is important so if anyone searches online for exactly what you’re selling, they’ll have a better chance of finding your Fiverr profile.
- Deliver to your sellers. The best way to create new business for yourself on Fiverr is to receive 5 stars from your clients, so always strive to make your customers happy.
Thanks to the vast variety of categories you can find gigs for on Fiverr, you’re likely to find one that will help you.
Buyers will find tons of helpful gigs, including things like:
If you’re a small business owner, you may not have the time to learn a skill to create something you need to sell your products. However, it’s worth it to invest in your business by finding highly-rated sellers who will be able to help out as a freelancer, without you having to commit to a permanent employee.
How to use Gigs as a buyer
- Search for a gig and Fiverr will find your freelancers that offer gigs to meet your specific need
- Contact freelancers to discuss the project you’re looking to hire someone for to make sure they’re a good fit
- Communicate with the freelancer you choose as they create your project
- Review and rate after you receive a finished product – feedback helps by letting buyers know a seller is qualified to be hired for a gig
Tips for Buyers on Fiverr
- Browse all of the sub-categories that you can choose from. You may not even know some of these projects were available from freelancers, but Fiverr offers a wide variety of gigs.
- Read multiple descriptions for similar gigs before settling on a seller to contact. You might think to go with the lowest price you see first, but for a few dollars more you might find a seller who’s offering Gig extras that will end up getting you more bang for your buck.
- Place sample orders. Before buying a large order of something or paying a full price, communicate with a few sellers you’re considering working with and inquire about purchasing a sample or trial order. This will be a shorter or smaller version of your final product so you can decide which seller you’d ultimately like to work with.
How to choose the BEST seller
Before choosing a seller, make sure to check out a few different criteria to make sure they’ll be a good fit for you. The ideal seller has:
- 100+ reviews
- 4.7 star rating or higher
- Examples of their work
- A quick response time
You can help narrow down your search to make sure you’re getting looking at highly rated people.
- Choose your category or subcategory for a gig
- Click Seller Details
- Select Top Rated Seller so that only the freelancers with the most ratings will appear in your search
How to make sure you’re not getting scammed
Look out for these red flags to avoid dealing with a sketchy seller:
- Never pay for a service outside of Fiverr. If the seller asks for payment anywhere other than the website or app, there’s a much higher chance you’re dealing with a fraud. Fiverr won’t be able to assist if you do get scammed outside of their platform.
- Don’t mark order as complete without reviewing it. Some scammers will try and convince you to mark the order as “completed” before you’ve actually received your final product.
- Review your order within 3 days. Fiverr automatically marks your order as “complete” after 3 days if you haven’t, so be sure to make sure you’re satisfied.
You might also be interested in: