As daylight savings time comes to an end again, I like to take this time to focus on how tough or easy the time change is in our lives. I’m naturally an early riser. For others, it takes a trumpeting band of loud alarm clocks to get them out of bed. Here are some recommendations that are a little off the wall and a lot of help to many sound sleepers.
Renowned for waking heavy sleepers, the Sonic Bomb Alarm Clock has the most powerful bed shaker with an alarm sound and red flashing lights that could be mistaken as the world coming to an end alarm. Yes, its super loud and very effective at jolting you out of slumber. Get the Sonic Bomb clock here.
Tapping into the natural way a sunrise brings us into the day, Philips Wake Up light alarm emulates the rise of the morning sunshine by slowly gaining in brightness as it approaches your desired wake-up time. The digital clock readout at the bottom of the light has easy-to-control settings. The goal is to improve your entire well-being, energy and health. Get the Philips Wake up Light Alarm Clock here.
What may appear like a simple nightstand alarm clock is a lot more with its ability to customize your wake-up schedule, and act as a Bluetooth speaker. The Emerson SmartSet Alarm Clock is controllable from both Android and iOS devices. Get the Emerson SmartSet Alarm Clock Radio here.
Amazon’s alarm clock smart speaker is perfect for bringing Alexa into the bedroom. She will wake you whenever you voice command her to bring you out of sleep. You can easily customize the sounds and methods such as a particular song you love to hear first thing in the morning. My favorite feature is the slider switch that shuts the camera and microphone off manually. Get the Echo Show 8 here.
- Has an 8” HD touchscreen, adaptive color, and stereo speakers
- You can make video calls with a 13 MP camera that uses auto-framing to keep you centered.
- Glance at your calendars and reminders.
- Manage your smart home – Look in when you’re away with the built-in camera (again, you can close the slider so no one can see too).
- Watch TV and movies on the device with your streaming subscriptions
- Turn the display into a digital frame to show your favorite photos using Amazon Photos.
- Built with multiple layers of privacy controls including a mic/camera off button and a built-in camera shutter.