There you are, sitting around your Thanksgiving table together finally. Now you want a picture with everyone but the problem is there is no one to take the photo to capture everyone at once. If you’ve got an Apple Watch, an iPhone and a great high place to carefully prop your camera against, I’ve got you covered.
Here’s what you need to do to take the perfect family photo
1) Open the “Camera Remote app” on your Apple Watch
2) After clicking it, you’ll see that the camera on your phone opens up
3) Click the circular icon in the bottom right of your phone that looks like 2 arrows and it will flip your camera so that the camera will take the shot from the front of the camera – which will also allow it to act as a viewfinder for you as you continue to set up the shot.
4) Now prop your phone up high … maybe on a shelf, leaning against a glass until you properly frame the shot. I like to use a ladder
I love using this telescopic phone tripod that’s inexpensive on price, and rich on performance making for great photos.
- Be sure to lie the camera horizontal instead of vertical so you can better get everyone into the shot
- Tip: Click the circular icon in the upper right-hand part of your phone screen to turn on the live photo option. This will record a quick mini-movie that will then allow you to select the perfect frame where everyone is not blinking! More on this magic tip here
5) Get everyone in position until you see that everyone fits inside the viewfinder of the phone.
6) On your Apple Watch screen, you’ll see a circular icon in the center that reads “3s” (3 seconds). After clicking this icon, it will give you 3 seconds until the picture is taken
7) Before pressing the 3s button on your apple watch,
- tell everyone to direct their eyes towards the top part of the front-facing phone. You’ll see a small green light so you know where the camera is. Be sure to double-check where the camera is depending on how you oriented the camera
8) Press the “3s: button. You’ll see a large “3”….”2″…”1″ appear in the viewfinder to give everyone a few seconds to look their best
9) Your photo is now in your camera roll, ready to be shared with your guests.