They put diapers on you, made you feel safe and loved. They got you to the bus stop on time, kept you from going hungry all while keeping you warm on the coldest of days growing up.
Your mom, dad, grandma, grandfather, aunt and uncle need you more than ever now. While the Coronavirus disrupts our everyday existence, For older loved ones who fall into the greatest health risk, it’s time we show up for them with love and support.
These are three incredible tools you can use to help our older loved ones feel like you are there connected and cared for.
One that helps the whole; family orchestrate care called Connected Care app has been made free for a limited time by its developer.
Make video calls with free apps like FaceTime and Skype
If your older loved one is not tech savvy, ask for someone nearby like a neighbor or caregiver to use their own phone to let the family visit with a video call. The more we show we care, the more we listen to our older loved ones, the better they will feel.
- SPECIAL REPORT: Keep Your Eye On These Coronavirus Maps
- Stimulus Calculator: See How Much Is Coming to You
- How Wearables Are the Next Tool Helping Hospitals Treat COVID-19
- Don’t Fall for These New COVID-19 Scams
- 5 Amazing Ways to Celebrate the Holidays Online Safely
- How to Stop ‘Zoom Bombing’ from hijacking your video meeting
- Hackers Target Home Workers. What to do.
- Tech You Never Knew You Needed at Home Until Now
- Working from Home Tech Tune-Ups