PROBLEM 1 – CANCELLED FLIGHT
– Don’t count on the airline, set a seat alert that shows when a ticket and seat comes available at any moment.
– App OnTheFly let’s you see available flight alternatives. Sometimes shows more flight options than an airline site
– Another option is FlightTrack Pro monitors your flight and suggests alternative flights
PROBLEM 2 – REBOOKING
– Download and update the airline’s smartphone app to the latest version. Flights can now be rebooked instantly on most carriers apps.
PROBLEM 3 – STUCK WITH NOTHING TO DO
– GateGuru app shows what is around you – where healthy, less expensive meals can be found inside the terminal, an atm machine, kids play areas.
PROBLEM 4 – NEVER SLEEP IN THE TERMINAL AGAIN
– Go to apaglobal.com and enter code JSTRK and the three letter airport code. A list of discount hotels can save you from paying expensive rack rate at a nearby hotels.
– Airlines are not obligated to offer hotels when disruption is caused by weather, ask for a “distress passenger discount” card for the airlines preferred hotels
PROBLEM 5 – GETTING AROUND THE WORSE WEATHER
– App called DarkSky shows what conditions are like at your exact location making it easier to see a storm coming and going.
– LiveATC app let’s you listen to the airport control tower to hear information at the same time pilots hear it. Select your airport, then listen to hear about runways reopening.