Amazon just announced that its Cyber Monday 48-hour sales event will start at 3 am ET/12 am PT on Saturday, November 26 with savings on 2 million items. You can preview the top Cyber Monday deals here.
During the main Black Friday and Cyber Monday events, you can browse through deals from a wide number of categories including major TV brands, Smart Home devices, Fashion, Beauty & Wellness, Furniture, Pet Supplies, Tools, Fitness equipment, and more.
How to work the deals. Be fast.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals can expire in minutes and some deals conclude when inventory is gone. Inside the Black Friday and Cyber Monday events are promotions called Spotlight Deals, Gold Box Deals of the Day, and Lightning Deals. I rank these in order of urgency.
The Lightning Deals almost always offer the best prices and last for small window of time or when sold out – sometimes even just minutes. Even though it may look like a deal is gone, there’s a tip below that could provide an easy workaround to getting the deal anyway.
How to get a cheap Amazon Prime membership
You can still participate in Black Friday deals even if you’ve never been a now $14.99 a month/$139-a-year Amazon Prime customer. Here are some options to consider:
Get a 30-day Free Amazon Prime trial
Students: Get 6 months of Amazon Prime free
If you’re a student, you can click this link to get 6 months free of Amazon Prime for students. Students will need to provide verification by providing their .edu email address. Sign up here.
Medicaid or EBT: Cheaper Amazon Prime
If you’ve got a Medicaid or EBT card, you can sign up for an Amazon Prime membership for $6.99 – almost half the cost of a typical membership. Sign up here.
Sharing an Amazon Prime Membership
If you’re living in the same household, you can share your Amazon Prime membership with your partner. Your partner will get the same Amazon Prime benefits as you for no additional cost. In order to do this, once you’re logged in, add your partner to your Amazon Household.
Kurt’s advice: Get organized with a list and use his Amazon Black Friday and Cyber Monday Battle Plan strategy
CyberGuy Black Friday & Cyber Monday Battle Plan tips
- Create a Wishlist on Amazon. Put on it everything you buy on a recurring basis throughout the year like dog food, light bulbs, and staple goods. Add upcoming birthdays, big-ticket items you have been holding off to buy, and get your holiday list done for Christmas gifts way ahead of time while saving huge.
- “Join Waitlist” on sold-out products you want and missed. Think it’s sold out? Maybe not. Items sitting in another shoppers cart expire if not purchased within 15 minutes. If you are on a waitlist, you could get notified that the deal is yours.
- Download Amazon smartphone or tablet app to see deals first. The app shows deals coming first and allows you to create a “Watch this deal” list to get notified when a deal is going live.
- Say “Alexa, what are your deals?” for exclusive offers. You can power through this audio form of deals by saying “Alexa, next” as they are being described to advance to the next deal. Voice shopping is a complete hassle and Amazon knows it. That’s why they are tempting us to try it with even better deals that you can find on the site.
- Compare prices at other retailers like BestBuy, Walmart, Kohls and Target since so many other sources are taking advantage of the Black Friday excitement.
Watch out for these Losing Black Friday & Cyber Monday Mishaps
- Avoid Unknown Brands that can often disappoint
- Avoid Fake Reviews by using fakespot.com Instead of adding their browser extension, just link to the search field to copy and paste an Amazon product listing. Fakespot will analyze to show a letter grade and explanation. The goal is to weed out fake reviews and identify troubled listings.
- Avoid overpaying by checking the lowest price history at camelcamelcamel site. A price history of almost every Amazon item is recorded here to show if you are really getting the lowest price.
- Avoid the Amazon Assistant browser plug-in for privacy concerns. While Amazon’s browser plug-in can make comparing items and tracking deals convenient, it also comes as a cost to your personal privacy in the way it can track your web browser activity.
How to find the best early Amazon Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals
Take a peek at our top best early gift picks here:
- Best early Black Friday TV Deals 2022
- Best gifts for keeping cozy all year long
- Best wireless earbuds you can find
- Best gifts for teens for under $50
- Best tools for that handy person in your life
- 23 Most Amazing Gifts for Kids
- 21 Most Amazing Cooking Gifts
- Best Pet Tech Gift Guide
- Best Home Tech Gift Guide
- Best Car Accessories Gift Guide
- Best Laptops
- The best wireless mouse of 2022
- Best Accessories to get for your laptop
- Protect your privacy and take advantage of these new savings on VPNs and Antivirus software.