What do you need to do as a parent for protecting your children’s privacy online?
Smart parents do the following to protect their kids digital security:
1) Be skeptical with everything bombarding your kids in the digital world.
2) Teach your kids to ask if what they are about to launch, download, upload and engage is safe.
3) Take the time to scour the privacy and security policies of apps and sites before your children use them.
4) Ask educators how they are choosing to keep your kids safe when they use technology at school.
CyberGuy Action Plan for Parents:
1) Keep devices like computers, tablets, smartphones, gaming consoles in family areas that have high traffic and are out in the open of the family.
2) Disable location tracking on all phones and cameras.
3) Tell your kids to keep personal info private. Don’t share name, birthdate, home address, school address especially with online profiles.
4) Set your kids online social networks settings to share with ‘close friends’ only.