The genealogy website FamilyTreeNow.com is sharing your addresses, ages and names of your relatives.
Here’s what you need to do to remove yourself from the internet:
1) Visit http://www.FamilyTreeNow.com.
2) At bottom of home page click “Privacy”
3) Scroll to end of first section and find and click the Opt Out link.
4) Follow instructions by putting in your name, birth year and city.
5) Click details when you find your match.
6) Choose red opt out box.
The site claims your personal info will be hidden within 48 hours. Do it now!
If the above instructions do not work, try visiting:
1) http://www.familytreenow.com/optout, click “I’m not a robot” box at bottom of page and then click “Begin Opt Out Procedure” enter in your information and once conf
2) On next page, enter in your information
3) Once you identify it is you, click “view details” button
4) Click red “Opt Out This Record” button at top of page
What bugs you the most about your private info being shared online?? Comment below!